GSP Alumni

Supporting activities for alumni of ACU who are members of Gamma Sigma Phi. We Believe....

Monday, October 23, 2006

Ideas?

I want to suggest 3 things to the alums here in DFW and elsewhere, one is club-related and the other two relate to us.
First of all, several of us (Clinton, Ivey, Shanks, JVoss, Ed, and me among others) have met a few times to discuss CONTINUITY in club. For instance, this year and in previous years the current members of GSP have no idea what to do about Homecoming Breakfast. No invitations, no news, nothing is thought out or prepared in regards to this event. This is OUR homecoming and thus the current memebrs should be doing all sorts of things, as we did in the past; and so the thought is to create a Continuity Team that acts as a club sponsor abroad, to remind and to encourage activites, etc.
Would you be willing to this and if so, would you be willing to meet via email or this blog or in person soon to discuss it?

Secondly, is there any interest in creating a GSP Sing Song weekend alumni breakfast? The group of guys listed above have met for breakfast, Sing Song weekend off and on for the last 4-5 years to discuss club and ways in which we could be supportive from afar, but the idea of having 2 breakfasts seems a logical one. There are a lot of guys from around the state of Texas and elsewhere who attend Sing Song, who may not make it for breakfast every year.
We could look into prices of something on-campus or we could book the big room in back at the Towne Crier?
Whose game for our 1st Annual GSP/Kinsmen Sing Song Breakfast?

Finally, is anyone interested in creating a nationwide/worldwide GSP alumni page? I spoke with some old-school fellas over the weekend, and they requested a nationwide site...or maybe a nationwide blog?

4 Comments:

At Monday, October 23, 2006 12:18:00 PM, Blogger TxGadgetDude said...

I'm up for using this blog for nation wide comms or we can create a new one. It would be easiest to have one instead of multiple. I'm up for a lunch for Sing Song since we don't plan of heading to Abilene until Saturday morning. Town Crier sounds good to me.

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 6:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to help out the current members - the problem is that I don't have any idea what they need help with. I told both Kevin Christian and J Voss during Bid Night last year to let me know what they needed but I never heard back.

This year I emailed a couple of current members to see if they needed any help with Bid Night - apparently my email got sucked into a black hole or something b/c I never heard back which ultimately lead to my decision not to go to Bid Night.

I can and will help but I need someone to tell me what they need help with.

As for the website/blog - central communication consolidation is always optimal.

That's generic business speak for 'go with just one website/blog'.

 
At Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Just found this blog...who didn't let me kn ow it existed, huh??? Dangit. I'm killin somebody. Dead.

Love you guys...and our club verse was read at our Thanksgiving service Thursday. Cory Davis and I looked down the row and smiled at each other.

"How good and pleasant it is..."

 
At Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys-
Would be happy to donate time/money to assist...was talking w Clinton and Byron Stone re: this issue a few months ago.

Since siblings (obviously) have difficulty thinking past graduation and sponsors are typically pretty busy themselves,I agree the best idea is to use a central website/blog gfor alumni.

If someone can get a list of GSP alumni from each pledge class the ACU alumni office can get us their emails and we can let all the old alums know that this site exists via email...

Drop me an email if I can help in any way,
Thx,

Dave Fuller (fullercd at gmail dot com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home